Gale Courses – Online Learning
Access to Online Courses at Gale Courses–FREE!
Never stop learning! Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, Vanderhoof Public Library now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7.
Just enroll in the course of your choice, and work on it anywhere you have internet access–you can even use one of our public computers at the Library.
Requirements: All courses require Internet access, e-mail, and a Web browser. Some courses may have additional requirements.
Gale Courses are free to Vanderhoof Library cardholders. (Don’t have an account? … come on in to the the Library and request one. Library cards are free to residents in the Vanderhoof taxation area; non-residents pay just $20 for the whole family per year.)
Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students. When you earn a final grade of at least 65%, you will receive your Certificate of Completion.
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline.
- Gale Courses is easy to use; just use your Vanderhoof Public Library account to sign up and log in.
- All courses are six-weeks in duration with start dates monthly, so you can join programs year-round.
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
- Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to the fastest-growing occupations.
Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business & Management, Grant Writing & Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales & Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications.
Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic & Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources.
Examples include: Children, Parents, & Family, Digital Photography, Health & Wellness, and GED Test Prep.