Multi-Purpose Room Rental
Though Library Programs take priority for use of the Multi-Purpose Room, the Vanderhoof Library Board welcomes public use of this space.
Room size is approximately 16′ x 32′ – 500 sq ft.
(See below for Policies)
|Room Rental||$10.00||4 hours or less|
|Room Rental||$20.00||over 4 hours|
|Tables & chairs||No charge||You set up and take down|
An Application Form must be completed (access the form here or at the Library) and Fee paid when the key is picked up.
(NOTE: The key is NOT accessible from staff outside of library hours.)
Click here for a calendar
Vanderhoof Public Library
Multi-Purpose Room Policy
The Vanderhoof Library Board of Directors welcomes public use of meeting space in its facilities. The Board has endorsed the Canadian Library Association Statement on Intellectual Freedom which states, in part, “It is the responsibility of libraries to guarantee the right of free expression by making all the library’s public facilities and services available to all individuals and groups who need them.
The Library Board does not necessarily support the views of individuals or organizations using its facilities. Advertising of programs, meetings or events taking place on library premises must not imply endorsement by the Library of the content of the program, meeting or event, unless it is sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Entrance to the building will be as directed by the Chief Librarian. Only the designated room may be used under this agreement.
- The key must be picked up during hours that the library is open.
The key is NOT accessible from staff outside of library hours.
- The key must be returned to the front desk during library hours or, if after hours, dropped in the book drop slot outside the main doors.
- The grounds and library building are tobacco-free at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building.
- If including a refreshment service as part of the room use, it is the responsibility of the renter to provide all supplies required.
- No signs or decorations are to be affixed to the walls.
- The renter is responsible for the set up and take down of tables and chairs. Two long tables, 1 short table and 4 chairs are to be left in the room. All other furniture is to be returned to the storage room with chairs stacked on the chair dollies.
- The renter is responsible for any damages incurred during the rental period, will take all reasonable action required for the protection of library property, and will report any damage noted by or caused by the group to the Chief Librarian as soon as practicable.
- The renter is responsible for paying for professional cleaning when deemed necessary by the Chief Librarian.
- The contact person or alternate contact person, as applicable, for the rental will remain in attendance for the entire approved rental period.
- The library will not be responsible for any property left on the premises by the renter.
- Before leaving the building, the floor must be swept (dust bin and broom provided), and all lights must be turned off.
- Parking at the library is limited. Parking is available in adjacent lots.
The renter shall indemnify and hold harmless the Vanderhoof Public Library and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents and contractors from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property.