Vanderhoof is the geographical centre of British Columbia. It is located 97 km west of the city of Prince George.
Nestled in the fertile Nechako Valley, the town is the central service area for a population of 22,000. The town itself is home to over 4000 people. The two main industries are Forestry and Agriculture.
For the outdoor explorer there are numerous lakes and rivers for fishing, canoeing, boating, and water skiing. In the forested region surrounding Vanderhoof there are many Forestry Campsites and hunting areas. Murray Ridge Ski Hill is located 60km north of Vanderhoof where downhill skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed throughout the winter.
For more information about our community, please check out the links below. (Each web link will open in a new window.)
- Vanderhoof Online – a great resource for Vanderhoof information and history
- ehCanada, Northern BC, Vanderhoof – Travel and Adventure
- Recreation and Resource Guide for the area
- Vanderhoof Chamber of Commerce
- District Municipality of Vanderhoof
- Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako
- School District 91
- College of New Caledonia
- Community Futures Stuart Nechako
- Nechako Valley Community Services Society
- Nechako Healthy Community Alliance
- Nechako Valley Food Network
- Nechako Waste Reduction Initiative
- Nechako White Sturgeon Recovery Initiative
- Nechako Environmental and Water Stewardship Society (N.E.W.S.S)
- Society for Ecological Restoration in North Central British Columbia
- Early Years Centre
- Nechako Valley Festival of the Performing Arts
- The Weather Network
- DriveBC Road Conditions