eBooks: Downloading to a Computer
Download Adobe Digital Editions (free)
If you’ve already downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, skip this step and scroll down to Using Library To Go to Download an eBook.
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html
- Click “Download Now”.
- Choose Windows or Mac.
- Download and install the software.
- The first time you download, you’ll be prompted for your Adobe ID, which you can get by clicking on “Create Adobe ID” or going to https://www.adobe.com/account/sign-in.adobedotcom.html. This lets you transfer items across multiple devices. Once you have your ID and password, enter it into the Adobe Digital Editions installation screen (if you’re not prompted for the ID, click Help and Authorize Computer). Enter your Adobe ID and password and click “Authorize”.
Watch a video on how to download Adobe Digital Editions.
- In your browser, go to Library 2Go, the eBook and audiobook catalogue.
- Browse or search for books.
- When you find an item you want to borrow, click on it to view more information.
- Click the “Borrow” button. You’ll be prompted for your Library name and card number.
- Click the “Download” button. The book should automatically download in Adobe Digital Editions.
*Please note that the eBook collection is hosted on a Third Party website with its own privacy policies.
Find out more:
- About the Service
- Compatible Devices
- Finding and Borrowing Items & Placing Holds