Rental of the Jane Gray Multi-Purpose Room
The Vanderhoof Library Board welcomes public use of the Jane Gray Multi-Purpose Room.
- See below for a Calendar of availability.
- Read the Policies and User expectations outlined below.
- Call 250-567-4060, or drop in at the Library to reserve the space.
- Complete the required contract.
- Proof of facility users’ Liability Insurance must be provided.
Click here for access to this quick and easy service.
CALL THE LIBRARY FOR ASSISTANCE WITH THIS.
Room size is approximately 16′ x 32′ (500 sq ft).
Occupancy is limited to 50 persons (as per fire regulations).
|Room Rental||4 hours or less (consecutive)||$10.00|
|Room Rental||over 4 hours (consecutive)||$20.00|
|Room Rental||Over 4 hours & including overnight||$30.00|
|Tables & chairs||You set up and take down||No charge|
A CONTRACT must be completed (access here or at the Library) and FEE paid before the KEY is picked up. (Cash or cheque — we do not have a debit machine)
(NOTE: The key is NOT accessible from staff outside of library hours.)
Click here for a calendar
of booking availability
Vanderhoof Public Library
Jane Gray Multi-Purpose Room Rental Policy
The Vanderhoof Library Board of Directors welcomes public use of meeting space in its facilities. The Board has endorsed the Canadian Library Association Statement on Intellectual Freedom which states, in part, “Libraries have a core responsibility to safeguard and foster free expression and the right to safe and welcoming places and conditions. To this end, libraries make available their public spaces and services to individuals and groups without discrimination”.
The Library Board does not necessarily support the views of individuals or organizations using its facilities. Advertising of programs, meetings or events taking place on library premises must not imply endorsement by the Library of the content of the program, meeting or event, unless it is sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Library functions shall take precedence over any other use of the Multi-Purpose Room.
- The contract is to be signed before the date of use.
- The fee is to be prepaid upon registration.
- User must provide proof of Liability Insurance. (A low-cost option is available through Civic Risk Insurance Solutions.)
- Entrance to the building will be as directed by the Chief Librarian. Only the designated room may be used under this agreement.
- Due to fire regulations, 50 is the maximum number of persons to use the room at one time.
- The key must be picked up during hours that the library is open.
The key is NOT accessible from staff outside of library hours.
- Before leaving the building, the floor must be swept (dust pan and broom provided), and all lights must be turned off.
- The back outside door must be manually locked with the key.
- The key must be returned to the front desk during library hours or, if after hours, dropped in the book drop slot outside the main doors.
- The grounds and library building are tobacco-free at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the building.
- If including a refreshment service as part of the room use, it is the responsibility of the renter to provide all supplies required.
- No signs or decorations are to be affixed to the walls.
- The renter is responsible for the set up and take down of tables and chairs. Two long tables, 1 short table and 4 chairs are to be left in the room. All other furniture is to be returned to the storage room, with chairs stacked on the chair dollies.
- The renter is responsible for any damages incurred during the rental period, will take all reasonable action required for the protection of library property, and will report any damage noted by or caused by the group to the Chief Librarian as soon as practicable.
- The renter is responsible for paying for professional cleaning when deemed necessary by the Chief Librarian.
- The contact person or alternate contact person for the rental will remain in attendance for the entire approved rental period.
- The library will not be responsible for any property left on the premises by the renter.
- Parking at the library is limited. Parking is available in adjacent lots.
The renter shall indemnify and hold harmless the Vanderhoof Public Library and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents and contractors from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Vanderhoof Public Library is to open the doors to the world of education, information and recreation, thereby enhancing the social, cultural and economic vitality of our community.