Requesting Books from Other Libraries, to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you have searched out catalogue and weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our collection, try searching for it in other Libraries in BC. You now have two options for searching beyond our local catalogue of items:
- BC InterLibrary Connect (FIRST CHOICE).
- Illume (last resort).
InterLibrary Connect–Search HERE first
- Log into your Library Account.
- In the “Library” field, change the drop-down from Vanderhoof Public Library, to search BC Interlibrary Connect (found at the very top of the list of libraries).
- Search for the book you want, using Advanced search to narrow the results if necessary.
- When you find the item you want, click “Place Hold”, and then “Submit”.
- If the item is available, it will be transferred for pick up at Vanderhoof.
- These books will show as checked out to you on your Vanderhoof Library Account, so you can renew them from home if you wish.
No luck at InterLibrary Connect? Try illume.
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted through BC InterLibrary Connect (above), you may find it elsewhere in BC using illume, a catalogue for the remaining BC libraries.
- No Log-in necessary.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search. Enter your search terms in the available fields.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click “Search * Records” button in the bottom right corner.
- A list of items across BC will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).
- If this is the title you want, click the “Request this Item” button.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your Last Name, First Name, Create a Password, and Phone Number.
- Click the “Submit” button at the top or bottom of the page.
- You may close the request window and go back to the search page for more titles.
- Books from this source will not show on your Library Account