Requesting Books from Other Libraries, to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our collection, try searching for it in other Libraries in BC. You now have two options for searching beyond our local catalogue of items:
- BC InterLibrary Connect.
- Outlook Online.
On the Search Catalogue page, change the Library drop-down from Vanderhoof Public Library, to search BC Interlibrary Connect (at the very top of the list of libraries). Put a hold on the book and it will be transferred for pick up at Vanderhoof. These books will show as checked out to you on your Vanderhoof Library Account, so you can renew them from home if you wish.
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted through BC ILC (above), you may find it elsewhere in BC using Outlook Online, a catalogue for the remaining BC libraries.
If you find it at another library, you can request to have it delivered to the Vanderhoof Public Library for pickup. (Books from this source will not show on your Library Account.)
Access Outlook Online
- Click to access the Outlook Online service.
- No Log-in necessary.
Search for Materials Across BC
- Enter your search terms in the available boxes.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click Search.
- A list of items across BC will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).
- If this is the title you want, click the “Request this Item” button on the right side of the page.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your Last Name, First Name, Create a Password, and Phone Number.
- Click the “Submit” button at the top or bottom of the page.
- You may close the request window and go back to the search page for more titles.