Personalized individual tutoring is available, on your laptop or ours.
Assistance with your devices and apps.
Drop in, or contact the Library to make an appointment. Phone 250-567-4060.
Want to practice your typing or test your speed? Use the tools provided by Sense-lang.
Use the self-assessment tools provided by NorthStar to test your digital literacy skills, and help decide what assistance you need.
BC OneCard Policies:
BC OneCard patrons may borrow up to 5 items at one time including books, magazines, audiovisual items, audio/music tapes and CD’s.
General BC OneCard Information:
A library card from your home public library opens the door to public libraries wherever you travel – or stay – in British Columbia. Don’t leave home without it.Q. WHO is entitled to BC OneCard service?
A. Any BC resident who can show a valid public library card.Q. HOW do I get BC OneCard?
A. Take your home public library card and current ID into any participating public library in BC other than your home library and ask for a BC OneCard decal.Q. WHAT if I don’t have my home library card with me?
A. You need it to sign up for a BC OneCard, so don’t leave home without it.Q. WHERE can I use it?
A. Use your BC OneCard at any public library in the province. At each library you will also need to provide current ID with proof of your contact information.Q. WHAT does the BC OneCard service include?
A. It allows you to check out materials and use services determined by each individual public library. Check with each library for a list of what it provides. Check your library's website to see what you can use at your library.Q. WHAT if I need services and materials that a specific public library does not allow me to use?
A. If you want more than the library offers BC OneCard customers, you may obtain full service by paying a non resident fee (at a rate set by each library).Q. WHERE do I return materials that I’ve borrowed?
A. Return them to the library you borrowed them from, or to any participating BC OneCard library in the province – including your own library when you get home.Q. WHEN do I have to return the materials?
A. The library you borrow the materials from will let you know when they are due back.Q. WHERE do I pay fines owing on books I borrow?
A. Fines and charges on materials are payable to the library you borrowed them from. Libraries are unable to take payment or charges that accumulate on items borrowed from other libraries.
Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
Requesting Books from Other Libraries, to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you have searched out catalogue and weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our collection, try searching for it in other Libraries in BC. You now have two options for searching beyond our local catalogue of items:
- BC InterLibrary Connect (FIRST CHOICE).
- Illume (last resort).
InterLibrary Connect–Search HERE first
- Log into your Library Account.
- In the “Library” field, change the drop-down from Vanderhoof Public Library, to search BC Interlibrary Connect (found at the very top of the list of libraries).
- Search for the book you want, using Advanced search to narrow the results if necessary.
- When you find the item you want, click “Place Hold”, and then “Submit”.
- If the item is available, it will be transferred for pick up at Vanderhoof.
- These books will show as checked out to you on your Vanderhoof Library Account, so you can renew them from home if you wish.
No luck at InterLibrary Connect? Try illume.
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted through BC InterLibrary Connect (above), you may find it elsewhere in BC using illume, a catalogue for the remaining BC libraries.
- No Log-in necessary.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search. Enter your search terms in the available fields.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click “Search * Records” button in the bottom right corner.
- A list of items across BC will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).
- If this is the title you want, click the “Request this Item” button.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your Last Name, First Name, Create a Password, and Phone Number.
- Click the “Submit” button at the top or bottom of the page.
- You may close the request window and go back to the search page for more titles.
- Books from this source will not show on your Library Account