But there may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our collection, try searching for it in other Libraries throughout BC:
On the Search Catalogue page, change the Search Library drop-down to search BC Interlibrary Connect (at the top of the list of libraries). Place a hold on the book and it will be transferred for pick up at the Vanderhoof Public Library.
If you cannot find it through BC InterlibraryConnect (above), you can also try Illume, a catalogue for the remaining BC libraries. When you request an item from another library, it will be delivered to your home library for pick up!
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and stop to visit another BC public library, you can easily borrow items there. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between libraries).
If you have searched our catalogue through BC InterLibrary Connect, and cannot find the book you want, another option is the inter-library loan platform called Illume.
Click to access the illume website.
No Log-in necessary.
- Click on “Advanced” in the top right of the page to narrow your search.
- Enter your search terms in the available boxes.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click the “Search * Records” button in the bottom right corner.
- A list of items in BC Libraries will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).
- If this is the title you want, click the “Request this Item” button in the left column.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your Last Name, First Name, Create a Password, and Phone Number. (You may also enter an email address for notification when the book arrives; otherwise you will receive a phone call.)
- Click the “Submit” button on the bottom right of the page.
- You may close the request window and go back to the search page for more titles.
Manage Your Library Account
Use eBooks and audioBooks
- About the eBook and audioBook service
- Compatible devices
- eBooks: download to your computer
- eBooks: download to a tablet or smartphone
- eBooks: transfer to an eReader
- eBooks: download to a Sony Wifi
- audioBooks: download to your computer
- audioBooks: transfer to an iPod or MP3 player
- Finding items, borrowing items and placing holds
Borrow From Other Libraries