Vanderhoof is the geographical centre of British Columbia. It is located 97 km west of the city of Prince George.
Nestled in the fertile Nechako Valley, the town is the central service area for a population of 22,000. The town itself is home to over 4000 people. The two main industries are Forestry and Agriculture.
For the outdoor explorer there are numerous lakes and rivers for fishing, canoeing, boating, and water skiing. In the forested region surrounding Vanderhoof there are many Forestry Campsites and hunting areas. Murray Ridge Ski Hill is located 60km north of Vanderhoof where downhill skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed throughout the winter.
For more information and resources in our community, please check out the links below. (Each link will open in a new window.)
- College of New Caledonia
- Community Futures Stuart Nechako
- Connexus Community Resources
- District Municipality of Vanderhoof
- ehCanada, Northern BC, Vanderhoof – Travel and Adventure
- Early Years Centre
- Nechako Healthy Community Alliance (Facebook page)
- Nechako Valley Food Network (Facebook page)
- Nechako Waste Reduction Initiative (Facebook page)
- Nechako White Sturgeon Recovery Initiative
- Nechako Environmental and Water Stewardship Society (N.E.W.S.S)
- Recreation and Resource Guide for the area
- Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako
- School District 91
- Vanderhoof Chamber of Commerce
- YMCA of Vanderhoof