Citizenship & Newcomer Resources
Vanderhoof Community Resources
- Community Adult Literacy Program – Goal is to help newcomers to Canada work on their literacy skills. There is free ESL, literacy services, programs and resources available for adult newcomers. Contact : Karen Scheffers (email@example.com / 250-567-4060).
- Newcomers Guide to Vanderhoof – This is a starters guide for newcomers to Vanderhoof.
- ELSANet – English Language Services for Adults (ELSA) lists English language programs in BC and provides links of interest to ESL students and instructors.
- Immigrant Services Society of BC – provides free immigrant services including settlement support, employment programs, English classes, and more.
- NewToBC – Find out services, programs and resources available to newcomers at www.newtobc.ca, a website offered by BC Libraries to help you succeed in your new community.
- Skilled Immigrant Info Centre – a virtual resource centre that connects skilled immigrants, community service providers and BC public libraries. Assistance is provided to skilled immigrants who qualified in a trade or profession in their home country and would like to find the same type of work in BC.
- WelcomeBC will help you find a career path in the province, and learn the steps you can take to find a job that matches your skills, training and experience.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada – Government of Canada site which explains the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen and how to apply. Also provides information on the status of individual applications, and how long the process may take.
- Discover Canada – This is a web version of the study booklet for Canadian citizenship. The booklet can also be downloaded in pdf form.